I had a question the other day from a reader looking for neutral area rugs. I think every room should include an area rug, they bring so much warmth and texture to a space and often times are the final piece that pull a room together. Whether you have hardwoods or carpet, area rugs work on both surfaces. Today, I’m sharing my top neutral area rugs that I have in my own home, along with a few others that have caught my eye.
My Top Neutral Area Rugs
- Bellambi Area Rug (Seen in our Movie Room)
- Grey Woven Rug (Seen in my son’s mountain room)
- Hathorn Geometric Rug (Seen in our living room)
- Striped Handmade Flat weave
- Wilford Area Rug
- Adolfa Charcoal/Ivory Area Rug
- Mabrey Southwestern Flatweave
- Black and White Knotted Wool Rug
- Loom Cherokee Black and White Rug
- Weinert Oriental Rug
See Them In Action
Featuring the Hathorn Geometric Rug in our living room
Bellambi Area Rug in our Movie Room
Grey Woven Rug (Seen in my son’s mountain room)
sue Robinson says
Taryn, you mentioned wrinkling of the area rugs lying atop the new carpet. The carpet has a nap and any rug on top of it will gradually shift and wrinkle in the direction of the nap. I don’t know of a solution to this. If the wrinkle extends out where folks walk, it may lead to falls.
Taryn Whiteaker says
So interesting! Ok this makes sense. I think our old carpet was smashed enough where it didn’t move. I’ve now taken a few rugs out.