We’ve been getting into the Holiday spirit around our home! This year has been so much fun because this is the first year Miss E fully gets that it is Christmas. She has been SO into everything and I love it. I’ve been trying to do more Holiday activities with her and the other day we decide to make popcorn balls but give them a little twist.
Check out our Ornament Popcorn Balls! So they aren’t perfect, but we had fun making them and they are pretty tasty AND that’s all that matters :)
You could make these for many different occasions during the holidays. We just enjoyed making them as a holiday activity, but I think they would be cute to bring to a Holiday party or use them as place cards for a kid’s table.
Christmas Treat: Ornament Popcorn Balls
- 8 Cups of Pain Popcorn
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 10 oz. Pack Marshmallows
- 1Tbsp. of Oil
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Milk
- Mini Candy Canes
- M & M’s or Additional Toppings of Your Choice
- In a sauce pan, on low heat, melt together marshmallows and butter.
- Stir often.
- Once melted, pour in the popcorn cup by cup and stir until coated.
- Remove from heat, let cool for 5 min.
- Lather your hands up with oil ( I used Pompeian Grapseed Spray Oil and a couple of sprays worked perfect)
- Grap a handful of the popcorn and form a ball.
- Gently place a candy cane into the center. It worked better if you gently twist it in.
- Let them cool.
- To make the frosting, combine powdered sugar, butter and milk in a bowl and mix with an electric hand mixer until creamy.
- Now decorate your ornaments to your heart’s desire!