Ever since becoming gluten, egg and soy free, I have been on a mission to find a gooey and delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe. Making them gluten-free is easy, but almost all store bought chocolate chips have soy in them. UNTIL, EnjoyLife foods came out with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips that are dairy, nut & soy free. I have bought them online before, but that isn’t the most convenient thing, especially when you are in a time crunch. But the other day I was at the store and I found them IN THE STORE in the organic food section. I about died I was so excited.
I found a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies on the back on the package and made a few tweaks to it so they came out just perfect. So here is my Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Oil (A very loose cup, not melted)
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. GF Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp. Ener-G Egg Replacer + 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 1/4 Cup GF Flour Mix
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Xanthan Gum
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. GF Baking Powder
- 1 10 oz Bag of EnjoyLife Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream oils, butter, vanilla, water, sugar and ‘eggs’ together.
- Slowly add dry ingredients until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Drop a 2″ spoonful of dough onto a cookie sheet. Place 2″ apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Now I’m off to make another batch :)