In case you didn’t get enough pie over the last few weeks, I have another recipe for you to try out! There is nothing better than a flakey pie crust filled with gooey berry deliciousness. I guess the only way it could get better is if it was in bite size, right? These Gluten Free Mini Pies with Raspberry Cream Cheese Filling are so easy to make and would be great for a dessert table or a simple after dinner snack!
|Mini Pies with Raspberry Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 Cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Biscuit and Baking Mix
- 1/2 Cup Butter Chilled
- 6-8 Tbsp Water
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Fresh Raspberries
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Make the flakey pie crust according to the back of the package which includes the 2 cups of Bob’s Biscuit Mix, 1/2 Cup Butter and 6-8 Tbsp water.
- Form the dough into a ball with your hands. Cover a clean surface with GF flour, using a rolling pin roll the dough out until it is 1/4″ thick (note, if you like a lot of crust this will be a good thickness, but I personally would make these a little thinner next time.)
- Using a 2 1/2″ round cookie cutter cut as many circles as possible and then use roll the scraps back into a ball, roll out again and repeat. Place the circles onto an ungreased cookie sheet and spoon 1 Tbsp of filling (directions below) in the center of each circle.
- Take a second circle of dough and place it directly on top of the circle with filling. Then, using a fork press the edges together to secure the dough pieces.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees or until slightly brown. You’ll see that my filling came out of my little pies, but they clean up nicely.
- While the pies are cooling, make the icing. Place 1/4 cup butter and 1/2 powdered sugar into a bowl and blend until creamy. Place the frosting into a zip lock bag and cut the tip of one corner off.
- *To make the filling, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Then fold in the raspberries. Do not over mix. The berries will still be chunky.
This mix made a real soft and made a flakey pie crust. I loved the texture of the pie crust but I think it could be a little sweeter. But keep in mind, nothing is too sweet for me!
Overall, this was a really delicious mix. It had great flavor and was easy to work with but I might consider adding a little more sugar next time I use it. AND there will be a next time!