On any given day you can find my daughter and I in the kitchen together. She absolutely loves to help me with dinner and bake goodies together and I couldn’t be happier about that. I love it. But sometimes when she says, “Mom! Let’s bake something!” I instantly go into panic mode because my mind is racing with, ‘What can we make with what’s in the pantry?’. There are days when it’s a challenge to come up with something edible and there are days when magic happens.
Yesterday, magic happened. We created these Holiday Rice Chex Treats topped with chocolate and candy canes and they are oh so yummy! They are like Christmas in a bite and really addicting.
Here is the super simple recipe we threw together. I’m sure you will love it too!
- 5 cups of Rice Chex
- 1/2 stick of Butter
- 1 bag of Regular Marshmallows
- 2 bags of Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup Crushed Candy Canes
- Melt butter and marshmallows together in a saucepan on low heat. Stir constantly.
- Once all the marshmallows are melted, remove from heat and pour in cereal. Stir until completely coated.
- Place in a pan.
- In a broiler pan, melt chocolate chips and pour over rice treats.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and let it cool.
- Wait until chocolate has hardened to serve.
The Holiday Rice Chex Treats look fabulous!