On any given day you can find my daughter and I in the kitchen together. She absolutely loves to help me with dinner and bake goodies together and I couldn’t be happier about that. I love it. But sometimes when she says, “Mom! Let’s bake something!” I instantly go into panic mode because my mind is racing with, ‘What can we make with what’s in the pantry?’. There are days when it’s a challenge to come up with something edible and there are days when magic happens.
Here is the super simple recipe we threw together. I’m sure you will love it too!
- 5 cups of Rice Chex
- 1/2 stick of Butter
- 1 bag of Regular Marshmallows
- 2 bags of Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup Crushed Candy Canes
- Melt butter and marshmallows together in a saucepan on low heat. Stir constantly.
- Once all the marshmallows are melted, remove from heat and pour in cereal. Stir until completely coated.
- Place in a pan.
- In a broiler pan, melt chocolate chips and pour over rice treats.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and let it cool.
- Wait until chocolate has hardened to serve.