This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Hershey Company. All opinions are 100% mine.
About 6 years ago I learned that I am allergic to eggs, wheat and soy. This has made the holidays a little bit harder since I have a huge sweet tooth and absolutely love pies and desserts! Ever since, I have been on a mission to create delicious desserts for my other gluten-free family members and I.
With Thanksgiving quickly approaching, I decided to create a new version of a favorite family dessert using pumpkin and chocolate! This Gluten Free Pumpkin Cream Cheese Tart is both sweet and savory and has just the perfect amount of pumpkin spice.
This dessert is perfect for the whole family and is really easy to make! It’s not as time consuming as a traditional cheesecake and tastes just as good, if not better!
The crunchy chocolate crust and pumpkin cream cheese filling are the perfect pairing. I’m so excited to make this dessert for our next family gathering!
Ready to see how to make this delicious dessert with The Hershey Company?
Start by making the crust using a food processor. Combine powder sugar, butter, water, flour and Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder and pulse until crumbly.
Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, pumpkin pie mix and sugar and beat until creamy. I found the best way to get it really creamy was to use my Kitchenaid and put the whisk tool on. I let it mix for 3-5 minutes to get it really smooth.
Then, spread it evenly over the cooled crust and place in fridge.
Once the cream cheese filling sets (minimum 2 hours), remove the outer form and then decorate with fresh whip cream.
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1½ cups flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour)
- 2 Tbsp Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened and sliced
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 2 (8-ounce) packages of regular cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Pumpkin Pie Mix
- Whip Cream
- Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine the confectioners sugar, flour, water, Hershey's Cocoa and butter, and process until the mixture is crumb like.
- With your fingers, press the dough into a pie pan. Once the crust is evenly distributed in the pan, bake for 15.
- For the filling beat the cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin pie mix together until smooth and fluffy. Spread over the cooled crust.
- Place in refrigerator until ready.
- When ready to serve, garnish with whip cream and Hershey's Chocolate Syrup.