Sometimes there is just nothing better than a delicious fresh summer pie to top off an evening with family a friends. Last month I was assigned the task of bringing a dessert to a family gathering and I decided to take a risk and create something entirely new. Thankfully my risk paid off and we were left with this Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie with Fresh Raspberries. This pie is really light, it has just the right amount of chocolate flavor without being too rich, and the berries give it a real fresh taste.
This dessert is extremely easy to make and can be made in advanced or right before your guests arrive!
I’ve also made this with fresh strawberries on top instead of the raspberries and it was equally as yummy! There are so many options.
And I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing, but there won’t be any leftovers!
Look at those layers… I can’t wait to dive in! Refreshing and delicious.
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour)
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened and sliced
- 2 (8-ounce) packages of cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- Fresh raspberries or strawberries and fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine the confectioners sugar, flour, and butter, and process until the mixture is crumb like.
- With your fingers, press the dough into a pie pan. Once the crust is evenly distributed in the pan, bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For the filling beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, cocoa and milk together until smooth and fluffy. Spread over the cooled crust.
- Wash and prep the fruit and mint and place it evenly on top.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
You can view more recipes here.
What is your favorite summer treat?I originally shared this post over at I Heart Nap Time.
Julia @ Cuckoo4Design says
OMG Taryn, this looks delicious!
I know it’s not polite it drool but it’s all your fault Taryn, Oh my stars that looks and sounds so dreamy and delicious and scrumptious. Good thing we get paid finally on Wed. so I can buy stuff to make it, (maybe). Depends on our budget, another 5 week month and another coming up. The prices go up and people get less for the money. Something wrong with that picture.
How many weeks left til baby comes? Can hardly wait to see the little sweetie. Nothing more precious than a new born. I could look at them forever, their facial expressions, the noises they make. Sigh.
Janel @ NellieBellie says
This looks delicious!! My favorite combo…chocolate and strawberries!! Pinning!
Isn’t that beautiful Taryn. I would have a hard time cutting into it but I think the chocolate could take over & overrule that.
oh goodness, Taryn! This looks AMAZING!