This post brought to you by Love Beets. All opinions are 100% mine.
Are you ready for another healthy lunch option? One of my all time favorite flavor combos is beets and goat cheese. Oh it’s heavenly. So today, I’m sharing another one of my favorite lunch options, a Warm Beet Salad With Goat Cheese.
I’ve had more gourmet versions of this salad in fancy restaurants. But with two kids it’s a miracle if I event make myself a lunch so I came up with a quick version of this decadent salad.
It takes no time at all, especially with these vacuumed packed Love Beets. All of Love Beets products contain no artificial colors or preservatives, are gluten-free and are certified Kosher. Select products have been certified organic by the USDA and the company is working toward non-GMO certification.
Did you know that February is American Heart Month? Beets are rich in potassium, which is one of the main minerals responsible for muscle contraction, including the contraction of the heart. A diet rich in beets and other potassium-rich foods can help decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke. Beets also contain two important nutrients that can help lower blood pressure: potassium (again) and nitrate.
For this light salad, you only need 1-2 beets sliced into 1/4″ pieces.
Meanwhile, place 2 Tbps. of pine nuts in a pan and roast them for 10 minutes until slightly brown.
Place them on a bed of spring mix along with the pine nuts and drizzle a mixture of olive oil, balsamic and honey.
It’s a light salad that’s full of flavor and so easy to make!
- 1 Package of Vacuumed Packed Love Beets
- 2 Cups Spring Mix
- 2 oz. Goat Cheese
- 2 Tbps. Pine Nuts
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic oil
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- Slice beets into 1/4″ pieces.
- Lay them on a cookie sheet and sprinkle them with goat cheese.
- Place them under the broiler for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place 2 Tbps. of pine nuts in a pan and roast them for 10 minutes until slightly brown.
- Place warm beets on a bed of spring mix along with the pine nuts and drizzle a mixture of olive oil, balsamic and honey.
Enter Love Beets’ Beet the Odds Facebook Sweeps
• Like Love Beets on Facebook and Enter to Win the Beet The Odds Sweepstakes For A Chance To Win: a year’s supply of Love Beets (52 free product vouchers) and a free nutrition/healthy living consultation with a noted nutritionist and cookbook author Ellie Krieger.