Berry desserts are a summer favorite around my home. Every summer when I was younger, I would pick raspberries and blackberries with my grandma and we would make berry pies together. There is seriously nothing like her homemade pies! I don’t know how she does it, but mine never turn out as well. She is magical. No matter how hard I try, I’m pretty sure I will never live up to her pie making skills, so I decided to go the easy route and make a quick Triple Berry Crisp for dessert.
If you are looking for a quick dessert for your summer dinner parties, here is a great recipe to try. This Triple Berry Crisp is quick, easy, and quite tasty (and easily made gluten-free)!
- 6 cups of fresh blackberries, raspberries and blueberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats (I used Bob's Gluten-Free Rolled Oats)
- ½ cup flour (I use Bob's Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup cold cubed butter
- ½ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together ¾ cup sugar and the 6 cups of fresh berries.
- Spread the berries into a 9 X 13 pan.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor pulse together oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, butter, and sugar until crumbly.
- Spread the oat mixture evenly over the berries.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the surface is lightly brown.
- For an extra special treat serve with ice cream!
Yum! It may not be as good as my grandma’s pies, but it sure hit the spot.