Can you believe Christmas is ONLY 5 days away?!?!? What’s left on YOUR to-do list this year? I’m about 99% done with Christmas shopping and wrapping, my husband and I just have to buy Baby E some fun new toys and haven’t had the chance to sneak out to do that yet. But other than that, I’m feeling pretty good about everything! Can’t wait!
You may already have your shopping done but do you have all your wrapping done too? For those of you who wait until the last minute to wrap or maybe you just need some inspiration, I’m sharing 10 ways to dress up brown paper packages for the holidays. Using standard postal paper for gift wrapping has many benefits 1) It’s cheap. I bought a roll at the dollar store and I wrapped 10 packages with it. 2) It’s versatile. You can dress it up and dress down and it will match just about any decor theme. 3) It’s good year round. You don’t have to store it away with the ‘Xmas’ wrap, you can use it for birthdays, wedding, showers, etc.
Here are fun ways to create beautiful gift wrap without spending a lot money!
1. Add some bright DIY bows made from recycled magazines, love the extra pop of color! (Source: Whole Living)
2. Create a dimensional look using a edge puncher and some basics like jute and craft paper. (Source: Space 46)
3. Create this unique look using Popsicle sticks and yarn. I love how it resembles markings on an old sled (or is that just me). (Source: A Little Hut)
4. Instead of gift tags, use rubber stamps directly on the paper and top it off with a beautiful bow. (Source: Simcoe Street)
5. Make Anthro inspired mittens to adorn your brown paper package. (Source: Flamingo Toes)
6. Simple DIY poppies add a burst of color against the brown paper. (Source: Creature Comforts)
7. This is simply gorgeous. A perfect example of how you can dress up brown paper packages. (Source: Pretty Petals)
8. Create a vintage look using velvet ribbon and old pins. (Source: Matthew Mead)
9. Go for more of a traditional look with leaf garland and berries. (Source: Design Sponge)
10. Incorporate natural elements against crisp white ribbon for a more rustic yet elegant look. (Design, Dining + Diapers)
Happy wrapping :)