Disclosure: I was chosen to be a Michael’s Maker. All opinions and ideas are 100% my own.
It always seems like Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial kickoff of summer gatherings. From BBQ’s, late night campfires, to simple dinners with good friends. With the longer days, no school and amazing weather, there is always an excuse to have friends over.
While I love entertaining and throwing parties, I don’t always have the time to throw together a huge all-out event. We are spontaneous people and sometimes we only have a few hours before notice before friends come over. So today, I wanted to show you a few Simple Summer Entertaining Tips that can be done in just few minutes.
- Work with what you have. When we have people over, I like to work with my existing vignettes and just add a few simple touches that make people feel welcome.
- Flowers are a must. Fresh flowers or succulents are always a breath of fresh air and make a home feel 10x more inviting. For these, I used a round glass cylinder vase and wrapped it in birch bark ribbon (from Michaels) and tied it with jute. A fun rustic touch that is so simple to do.
- Light a candle. No one wants to smell last night’s dinner or your lunch from that day. Light a candle with a fresh scent to help make your home smell freshly cleaned (even if it wasn’t)! I made these soy candles using a kit I found at Michaels. It was so fun to make our own candles and give them personalized labels.
- It’s all about self service. It’s always easier on you and guests to have a self service station set up. You really can’t go wrong with milk glasses and straws. I love these glasses and water carafe from Michaels.
- Add decorative touches. Adding just a few wooden beads draped around or a few books adds dimension and personalization to the display.
If you are planning a gathering, big or small, Michaels is your DIY destination for all of your summer celebrations. From paper crafts, party goods and baking supplies to new outdoor lighting, glass and floral, they have so much to choose from.
Be sure to check out all of the other Michaels Makers DIY summer party ideas on the Michaels blog.