Every once in awhile I like to pop in with a new allergy-friendly recipe! I shared this recipe last month on The Idea Room and thought I’d share it here too.
For those of you who are new around here, about 6 years ago I found out I was intolerant to eggs, gluten and soy and I have really enjoyed creating delicious recipes that I can indulge in. I know so many of you are also trying to find recipes that work for your dietary needs so I thought I’d share a new favorite recipe today.
Check out these Gluten Free Sugar Cookies topped with chocolate buttercream frosting and garnished with fresh strawberries. I love mixing chocolate and fruit and the strawberries are the perfect balance with the rich frosting. Perfect for summer!
I will also note that the actual cookie is also dairy free, just the frosting has a little dairy in it!
- 2 Cups of Gluten-Free Flour (I use Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Flour Mix)
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Ener-G Egg Replacer + ¼ Cup Water (Or 2 eggs)
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- ½ Cup Sugar (for rolling)
- ½ Cup Softened Butter
- 2½ Cups of Powdered Sugar
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- Chopped Strawberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugars, oil, vanilla and eggs together.
- Slowly add in the flour mix and baking powder and mix until smooth.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1½" balls and then roll in sugar.
- Place on a cookie sheet 2" a part.
- Gently flatten the balls with the bottom of a glass by pressing down on them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool. Meanwhile combine all of the frosting ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Frost the cookies and garnish with strawberries.
Here are a few more recipes you might enjoy: