Chocolate and peanut butter. You really can’t go wrong with that combo. Right? It’s definitely one of my favorites. Since Miss E was little, we have always enjoyed our time together baking in the kitchen. Most of the time we end up trying to make something out of what’s in the pantry and occasionally we have a few hits, like these Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches.
These are really simple to make and are absolutely delicious, rich but delicious!
Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches
Recipe Type: Dessert
Serves: 18 sandwiches
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour Mix)
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs (I use Ener-G Egg Replacer)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla (If making GF, make sure you use pure vanilla)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum (if making these GF)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugars, eggs, butter, and vanilla together and mix until smooth
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and slowly add them to the sugar/butter mixture
- Using an electric mixer, blend the two mixtures together until creamy
- Roll the dough into 1″ rounds and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes
- To make the peanut butter frosting, using an electric mixer combine peanut butter, butter, milk, vanilla and confectioners sugar
- Depending on the consistency of your peanut butter you may need anywhere from 2-3 cups of confectioners sugar
- Keep adding sugar until the frosting is thick enough to stand on its own and sweet enough to your liking
- Once the cookies have cooled, put a good amount of frosting in the middle of two cookies and press them together.
How much butter is called for? Just says 1/4 butter ???? Can’t wait to try this out!
It should be 1/4 cup, Sorry!
So…I’m new to gluten free but can’t do dairy either (no butter). I don’t seem to care for the flavor of Earth Balance in baked goods, do you think i could do coconut oil or palm oil here? thanks…look delicious!
Can’t wait to try them!