Last week we were talking about chocolate and peanut butter recipes and today I’m sharing one of my own!
I am a huge sweets person, but the only problem is that I’m allergic to gluten and soy so things can get a little complicated in this area. So that’s when I decided to come up with these Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting. And they could easily be adapted to be ‘regular’ if you aren’t GF.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- ½ cup oil
- 3 eggs (I use Ener-G Egg Replacer)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (only if making them gluten-free)
- 1½ cups flour ( I use gluten-free flour mix)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp milk ( use rice milk or almond milk)
- 2 cups of powered sugar (plus additional if needed)
- 1/2 crushed salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together eggs, sugar, vanilla and water.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the above mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Line a cupcake tin with liners and fill them ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until you can pull a toothpick out clean.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk for the frosting.
- Depending on the consistency of your peanut butter and other ingredients, you may need to add additional milk to make it creamier or more powdered sugar to thicken.
- Place the frosting in a zip lock bag and cut the tip (or use a piping bag) and frost the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle the crushed peanuts for garnish.
Hope you enjoy them! What are your favorite chocolate and peanut butter recipes?
Glutenfreebloganista (Tori) says
What kind of peanut butter do you use?
I always use a creamy organic peanut butter by Fred Meyer (my local Kroger Store) but I also LOVE creamy Bee’s Knees, it’s just more expensive :)
Jennifer@ Blissfully Ever After says
2 of my favorite things together….peanut butter and chocolate, delicious! I will definitely be making these soon!
Jennifer@ Blissfully Ever After
Thank you for sharing this resipe with us!
I don´t have xanthan gum, is this nessesairy? What happens if I don´t use this?
Yum!! These look delicious. I’ve pinned so I can try this out later :)
Taryn, just lovely. It would be great if you linked in to Food on Friday: Muffins & Cupcakes. The showcases from this Food on Friday have not yet been selected. This link will take you to my home page where you will find a sidebar with links to all the different Food on Fridays. So that I know you have linked and can be sure to pin to the board I have for each one, please do leave a short comment. Cheers