The sun is starting to shine, the weather is getting a little warmer and no coats are needed. Spring has officially arrived and summer is soon to follow! If you are looking for an easy dessert to bring to a summer BBQ or event this Gluten-Free Apple Crumble Pie will take you no time at all and your guests will love it!
There is nothing better than a warm apple dessert to top off a summer BBQ or family picnic. This dessert has me dreaming about the warm months ahead!
You seriously won’t believe how easy this is to make!
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1½ cups gluten-free flour mix
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter, softened and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 5 cups of peeled and sliced apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Crumble Topping:
- 1 cup certified gluten-free oats*
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. all-spice
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- *Not all oats are gluten-free. If you are making this GF, make sure you use certified gluten-free oats. I use Bob’s Red Mill Certified Gluten-Free Rolled Oats.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine the confectioners sugar, flour, butter and water and process until the mixture is crumb like.
- Pour the mixture into a pie pan and with your fingers, press the dough into the pan. Once the crust is evenly distributed, bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice the apples and place them in a large mixing bowl and coat them with sugar.
- Place apples on top of crust.
- In the food processor, combine gluten-free oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, all-spice, butter and brown sugar and gently pulse until a crumble forms.
- Spread evenly over apples and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream!