How are you all doing with staying home? I would say one positive thing that has come out from all of this is that our kids are starting to play with toys a lot more, I’m seeing creativity happen daily around here and it’s been fun to see all three kids playing more together. In case you are looking for more activities or new toys during this time I thought I’d share a list of our fav kid toys during quarantine. Our kids range in age from 4-9 and they all enjoy these.
- Magnet Tiles – If you don’t have these magnet tiles, you MUST get them. We have had them for a few years and the kids are always asking us to get more to add to the collection so they can build bigger castles with them. Such a great investment.
- Nerf Gun Battles – Our boys have found their love of Nerf guns all over again. From battles around the house and the yard.
- Playing Cards – I will admit this is the first time I have brought out a standard deck of playing cards for the kids and we have had a lot of fun making up our own games to help with learning numbers, counting, etc.
- Red Solo Cups For Cup Stacking – We had a big Costco bag of red solo cups in our garage left over from camping and the kids have spent hours playing with them! They have made huge stacks and towers and knock them over along with playing stacking games for time, etc. Cheap entertainment!
- Play Doh – A classic.
- Jenga – We’ve brought back some of our favorite games as kids and Jenga has been one of them!
- LEGO Creative Play – While building sets is fun, sometimes you just need to do creative exercises and build things on your own.
- Kids Real Tool Set – This is a GREAT starter tool set for kids. Warning, these are REAL tools with metal. But if you have an older kid who likes to help with projects, these are smaller and fun. Our kids love working along side us and have had fun with this.
- Dinosaur Flexible Track – This is a great toy for a great price!
- Spin Art Set – We love arts and craft time over here and found this gem tucked away in our art area. The kids love the spin feature and 3D glasses!
- Chemistry Set – We incorporated this set into our school time. It’s been a fun hands-on activity that comes with a book of TONS of experiments.
- Curious Chef Baking Set – Baking has turned into an almost daily activity around here. The kids love to help and love the treats! This curious chef kit is perfect for kids who love to help in the kitchen and it gives the something of their own.
- Big Trampoline – If you have room for it, it’s worth the investment. Our original trampoline lasted 4 years until this spring the net and trampoline started to break. With how much time we are spending at home, we invested in a new one. The kids LOVE it and it’s worth it.
- Marble Run Game – Another great building/creative game.
We also bought a few new games, Battleship and Twister this week. It’s been fun to spend more time as a family playing these classics.
What have you been playing with over the past few weeks, any favorites?
Leave a Reply