This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Hershey Company. All opinions are 100% mine.
It’s the time of year when we all turn our focus on friends and family and we reflect on past Christmases and childhood memories. I think often about my grandma who passed away several years ago, but especially during the holidays. She was the queen of baking! She lived across the country and whenever we visited she would spend days baking bars and cookies. I make several of her recipes regularly and they always remind me of her. She was one special lady. This year, I decided to do my own spin on one of her bar recipes.
Today, I’m sharing my Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffee Bars and they are oh so delicious! A few weeks ago, a video crew came out to film me baking this easy and delicious recipe. It was so much fun working with the team from The Hershey Company and coming up with a recipe using their classic baking treats. I mean, who doesn’t love peanut butter, chocolate, toffee and marshmallows all in one bite?!
After blogging for over 4 years, it was a pretty surreal moment to have a full video crew here in my own home. We had a lot of fun working together and it was definitely a day to remember and one for the books! The opportunities blogging has brought my way never cease to amaze. Just a reminder to always follow your heart and making time for something you love! Keep scrolling to watch the video… I had my Dad try these tasty treats and he said they passed the test. This means a lot since his mom was the one who inspired these bars.
- Cake Base:
- 1/2 cup Butter Soften
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Hershey’s Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 3/4 Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
- Middle Layer:
- 1 bag of Mini Marshmallows
- 2 bags of Hershey’s Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 bags of Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/2 bag of Heath Bar Crumbles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all cake ingredients together and spread into a 9 X 13 pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle a bag of regular marshmallows on top of the cake crust and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until marshmallows are puffy but not browned.
- Let the pan cool.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate chips and Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips together and microwave for 45 seconds, stir, than microwave for another 45 seconds and stir until creamy.
- Spread over cooled marshmallows.
- Sprinkle with Heath Bar Crumbles
- Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours until chocolate hardens
Here is the video I did with Hershey’s. The crew was so much fun and don’t they make these bars look amazing!?
Be sure to share the video so you don’t forget to make these for the upcoming holidays :)
Wow, these bars are so wonderfully decadent, Taryn. Now that the word is out about these goodies, you’ll probably have kids coming from miles away, lining up to visit you. Heck, their parents will come with them. Happy Holidays, Ardith
[email protected]'s What Che Said says
Oh this looks amazing! I can’t wait to try it! Pinning!
These look delicious! I love toffee! Just pinned it! -Shari @ SincerelyJean.com
I tried to make these – was so excited! But they were literally hard as a rock once they went from melted to cooled. Did I do something wrong…?