I’m feeling a bit random today. Just one of these times when your thoughts are pulling you in a million different directions and you can’t focus on one thing. Ever feel that way? Who am I kidding, that is pretty much how my brain works every day…Family, the blog, church, ongoing projects, the calendar, parenting, work, sunshine (or lack there of), summer, spring cleaning, 1 year from now, 5 years from now, grocery list, working out, dreaming of vacationing…you get the picture.
So today I’ve decided to share 25 random things about me you may not know, or even want to know (prepare to feel like a pinball while reading this)….
1. I met my husband when I was just 3 DAYS old (it was love at first sight).
2. I like fresh cherries but hate anything cherry flavored.
3. I’m gluten, soy and egg intolerant.
4. I have naturally curly hair but I’ve straightened it since 7th grade.
5. I have a Golden Retriever named Kona who will always be my first child.
6. I was (still am) a Kappa Kappa Gamma :)
7. I despise orange peel in baked goods.
8. When I was in elementary school I wanted to be fashion designer and a tornado chaser (true story).
9. I studied abroad in southern France.
10. My husband does the majority of the cooking, I do all the baking.
11. I love unpacking from a vacation.
12. I wish being barefoot in public was socially acceptable.
13. My guilty pleasure is eating a bowl of Breyer’s Slow Churned Vanilla Frozen Yogurt with one spoonful of creamy peanut butter and chocolate syrup on top.
14. I’ve never gotten a speeding ticket.
15. I wish I was a better photographer.
16. I struggle with drinking enough water every day.
17. I love surprises but almost always figure them out.
18. I admire people who have the patience to knit/crochet.
19. If a project isn’t going the way I want it to or is taking too long, I get bored.
20. I am naturally cold. Wearing a sweatshirt when it is 80+ degrees out is totally normal to me.
21. I knew I was going to marry my husband before we even went on our first date.
22. I grew up in a very outdoorsy family where hunting, fishing, skiing and camping were regular activities (and still are).
23. I hate flying in airplanes but fly almost every night in my dreams.
24. The glass is always half full.
25. Home Stories A 2 Z was the very first blog I subscribed to.
And since we are on a more personal level today, here is my little family on Easter Sunday :)
So how far in did I lose you? Can you relate to any of that?! :)
Amanda / Bulldrogs and Bulldogs says
I love this Taryn. So nice to get to know a little more about you. I can actually relate to a lot of them :)
Have a great day!
[email protected] says
What a gorgeous family photo! So cute ! Enjoyed your 25 things….I need to do one of these :)
Made it through all 25 with ease. 3 days old- remarkable.
Aw your are a gorgeous family. And I got through all 25 too….I’m thinking I may do something like this for my about me page…. xx Nat
Karen At Home says
I love all the tidbits about you and your hubs, you are truly soul mates!
I am a Pi Phi, almost was a Kappa!
Emerson Grey Designs says
First off your fam is adorable! And I can relate to so much of it, it is kind of scary. Lack of water during the day, bored with long projects, I have naturally curly hair…like crazy curly. I felt like I was reading about myself. So nice to ‘meet’ you. =)
Shasta Farrar says
I love reading posts like this. I agree with you on the cherries, bare feet and being cold :) Great family pic!
Thanks for letting stop by here in your site. Looking forward for more great blogs to read.
Shirlley Lupton says
This is really sweet. Thanks for sharing, it is so nice to learn a little about the author of the blogs.
Jesse @ goodgirlgoneglad says
Your family is so beautiful!! I could totally relate to the majority of your list! Love Love it!
I love reading all your blogs. Really informative and interesting. Thanks for sharing.
I always stop by hear and do some reading. And I am very grateful to pick some info from your blog. Thanks that you’ve shared.