Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 24 cookies
- 1¼ cups gluten free flour
- ½ cup Hershye's Dark Cocoa Powder
- 2 eggs (I use 2 tsp of Ener-G Egg Replacer + ¼ Water)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla (If making GF, make sure you use pure vanilla)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 8 oz regular cream cheese
- 2 tsp. Peppermint Extract
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Hershey's Kisses Candy Cane Mint Candies (these are not confirmed gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine sugars, eggs, butter, and vanilla together and mix until smooth
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and slowly add them to the sugar/butter mixture
- Using an electric mixer, blend the two mixtures together until creamy. It will be on the thicker side.
- Roll the dough into 1" rounds and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press gently with a glass to help flatten them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese powdered sugar and peppermint in a large bowl. Beat until creamy.
Recipe by Taryn Whiteaker at https://tarynwhiteaker.com/gluten-free-dark-chocolate-peppermint-cookies/