Christmas Treat: Ornament Popcorn Balls
Recipe type: Holiday
- 8 Cups of Pain Popcorn
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 10 oz. Pack Marshmallows
- 1Tbsp. of Oil
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ Cup Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Milk
- Mini Candy Canes
- M & M's or Additional Toppings of Your Choice
- In a sauce pan, on low heat, melt together marshmallows and butter.
- Stir often.
- Once melted, pour in the popcorn cup by cup and stir until coated.
- Remove from heat, let cool for 5 min.
- Lather your hands up with oil ( I used Pompeian Grapseed Spray Oil and a couple of sprays worked perfect)
- Grap a handful of the popcorn and form a ball.
- Gently place a candy cane into the center. It worked better if you gently twist it in.
- Let them cool.
- To make the frosting, combine powdered sugar, butter and milk in a bowl and mix with an electric hand mixer until creamy.
- Now decorate your ornaments to your heart's desire!
Recipe by Taryn Whiteaker at https://tarynwhiteaker.com/christmas-treat-ornament-popcorn-balls/