HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!
Now that you are all full from the Turkey and relaxing on the couch, how about some online shopping?!
I’ve had my Silhouette CAMEO for several years now and I use it ALL the time! I primarily use my machine for making stencils or simple cutouts for parties, but you can use it for so much more.
Today, I want to show you a simple DIY Outdoor Christmas Sign and how easy it is to make your own stencil using the software. I can whip these up in no time!
My daughter saw me making the sign and asked what it said, she got SO excited when I told her that it was telling Santa to come to our house. I thought it was so cute and made me like the sign that much more because she to excited about it.
You can use it on your front porch, or in your yard. You an also customize it however you want.
Then, using my Silhouette CAMEO I created a quick stencil that says, “SANTA! STOP HERE!”. When making stencils for larger projects, you want to make sure you adjust your page settings so the white page size is set to the size of the stencil. This way it will cut the entire saying. For this sign, I used Arial Black font.
When I first got my Silhouette, I was really confused on how to use transfer paper. Since many of you may be new to using vinyl, I wanted to give you a quick step-by-step on how to use it.
- Cut out your design on your Silhouette and remove the letters.
- Peel te backing off the transfer paper and carefully press the sticky side directly onto the vinyl design.
- Feel off the back of the vinyl and press the design onto the surface.
- Then, carefully peel off the transfer paper. Sometimes the vinyl doesn’t stick as well and you need to press it back down and try again. You have to be really careful and patient during this part.
- Using just a thin layer of paint, brush over the vinyl
- Let it dry and peel it off.
For the stick, I wrapped a stake with black and white striped ribbon and then nailed it together.