There is nothing better than waking up in the morning, pouring a cup of coffee and realizing that breakfast is already made! These Gluten Free Berry Muffins are the perfect breakfast treat or afternoon snack. Make a batch and enjoy them throughout the week.
These dense muffins filled with delicious berries are full of flavor and the cream cheese frosting really tops it off.
I fill my muffins liners all the way full with these muffins and the recipe yields about 14 muffins.
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsp. egg replacer + ¼ cup water (or 2 eggs)
- 1 tsp. GF Vanilla*
- ½ cup milk (I use rice milk)
- 2 cups GF flour** (or regular white flour)
- 2 tsp. GF baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups of berries
- 1 8oz pack of cream cheese
- 1 tbps. milk
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together butter, sugar, egg replacer, milk and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon and slowly add it into the butter/sugar mixture.
- Once the batter is nice and creamy, fold in the berries.
- Fill the cupcake tin with liners. Fill each liner full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until you can full a toothpick out clean.
- For the frosting. Using a hand mixer cream together the cream cheese, milk and powder sugar. Then using a piping bag add it to the muffins. Top with a fresh berry.